Paul states in I Timothy 2:1, 2, "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty." We desire to fulfill this command by inviting elected officials to our Wednesday night prayer meeting to share their burden with us, and for us to pray for them. Please join us as we pray for our elected officials. This meeting we welcome Representative Michael Speciale. Please read about him below.
Michael Speciale was born in Chicago, Illinois and came to North Carolina at age 18 as a US Marine. He spent much of his Marine Corps career in Eastern North Carolina at Camp Lejeune and Cherry Point.
He chose to live in North Carolina when he retired in 1995 from the USMC. Michael has professed his love for North Carolina, to include the geography, the people, and the lifestyle. He has always been involved in both in his community and in the State. He believes that America is still the ‘shining city upon a hill’, and he believes that North Carolina is one of the diamonds that make that ‘city’ shine.
He is married to the former Hazel Bradley of Bridgeview, Illinois. She is also his Legislative Assistant. They have been married forty-one years. They have two grown children and eight grandchildren. They own a home in Stately Pines.
Background Information: This is his second term in the NC House of Representatives.
General Assembly Committee Assignments:
· Chairman of the Committee on Homeland Security, Military and Veterans Affairs
· Vice Chairman of the Committee on Regulatory Reform
· Vice Chairman of the Committee on Transportation
· Commerce and Job Development
· Appropriations Committee on Justice & Public Safety
· Judiciary III
· Charter Member and former Director of The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA) Chapter 92
· Former Chairman of the Craven County Republican Party
· Former Chairman of the Coastal Carolina Taxpayer’s Association (CCTA) He was the driving force to establish this organization from the remnants of the Craven County Taxpayer’s Association, which had not met in several years
· Graduate Fellow of the North Carolina Institute of Political Leadership (IOPL)
· Graduate of Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
· He has an Associate in Applied Sciences in Business Management/Operations Management
· Life member of the National Rifle Association (NRA)